Friday, July 07, 2006

Random Overview Updatetacular!



So, here I am, back home and on the internet, blogging because I suck at rolling dice. It's been a pretty busy 5 weeks since I moved in here, what with getting stuff situated in the new apartment (an ongoing project, maybe I'll be all moved in before I move out), going to work all the freakin' time (still part time though), and tagging along on the Oelke vacation to the Dairy/Badger State.

As far as the apartment goes, I've got all the furniture in, the living room set up, stuff on the walls in everything except the bathroom and bedroom. I still need to get more dishes, pots and pans, get my bedroom all nice and moved in looking, and I also want to get some houseplants...we'll see if I can keep them alive. I've got to get all my decoration all set, but I've got a lot on the walls, so that's a plus.

I've been somewhat gaga for the world cup, despite the fact that the US team sucked it up big time again. Why is it that every time the tournament's in Europe, we can't get out of the first round? Oh well, Brazil's not going to win again, so I'm happy about that.

I've started working mornings lately...the getting up early sucks, but the being done by 1 is pretty sweet.

Though all my fish survived the move, which was a great surprise, I recently lost my plecostomus, Benjamin Disraeli III. My Gourami doesn't look well, and I thought he was going to bite it when we were out of town, but strangely he persists. Maybe he'll actually get well. That would be pretty crazy.

The trip was pretty good, there were some ups and downs, but the last half of the trip was considerably more enjoyable than the first. Lots of fireworks and food, and I got to see a lot of Wisconsin. It's really pretty up there, very much not Oklahoma. On the way out, we saw Flogging Molly play in Milwaukee. They are FABULOUS. If you like their studio music, you would not be disappointed by their live performance. Yeah, they pretty much just kick ass. The trip back kicked ass too, in the sense that it kicked our asses...yikes. We left Milwaukee around midnight on the 5th. I drove until four that morning, and Meagan slept, then we switched. We stopped and slept for a couple of hours near Springfield, Illinois, then continued. Pretty much all of I-44 in Missouri and Oklahoma was under construction and down to one lane each way every 20 miles or so. Probably the highlight of the trip back was when we ate lunch at Panera Bread in Rolla, Missouri, and had a short conversation with the band director of the university there, who apparently was a history major at one point. Score! Anyway, the whole experience was very tiring, and when you add midnight Pirates and work at 7, it's very very tiring. I'm still tired...woo hoo!

Also, Cheese curds, freakin' great, but they don't exist here...freakin' sucks.

1 comment:

GhostMaster said...

You're going to have to give me a rundown about what happened on that crazy trip.