Sunday, July 29, 2007

Not Important


If you didn't know, Albertson's recently had a fire sale on grocery stores in Oklahoma; Homeland got the Norman locations. Since Homeland (where the carrots are) does not have a contract with Starbucks, my former place of employment will be no more...probably already is.

Anywhom, all this has me thinking about a few people, who I will likely never see again, with whom I had a casual, friendly, if conditional rapport. What has, and will become of Jake, Tania, Joy, the old guy with the Terrible Herb's cup, Jim, the Senator... hell, even wacky Jan and her traveling zoo... it's not really that important, but these were people who I basically got to know in one way or another over three years, and I wonder about them sometimes. Oh well. I guess this is just one of those things I'll have to accept and move on. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again. It's a big world out there, full of opportunity, and people who don't care. Ah, but I feel rambley now... anyway, like I said, not really important.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is interseting. It sucks that it leaves Oklahoma with WalMart as its only national grocery store. Oh well.

Unknown said...

I'm almost absolutely certain that "rambley" is, in fact, not a word.

Anonymous said...

I think it could be very important. Sometimes it seems those people know me better than anyone else...passers by, customers,...