Friday, July 08, 2005

Vital Information for Your Everyday Life

We all know salt in an open wound hurts.

Coffee grounds in an open wound hurt just as much, maybe even more. Consider yourself warned.



Unfortunately, I got a slow start to reading this summer. Normally, during the summer I fly through books, but this year, with all these interesting people and this distracting technology around, I've not been reading nearly as much. It took me until late June to finish my first book of the summer. The good news is since then, I've practically been on a reading frenzy! Here's what I've got so far:


Rising Sun, by Michael Chrichton
A murder mystery and a commentary on Japanese business culture in the U.S. which I enjoyed thoroughly. Incidentally, none of the regular readers of this blog would enjoy it, so I'm not recommeding it.






Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
WWII sci-fi commentary. It seemed the whole time that the author had no idea where he wanted the story to go, and yet, that doesn't matter one bit. It's a good read, and a quick read.






Currently halfway through:
Lord of the Flies, by William Golding
British Schoolboys marooned on a deserted island in the South Pacific set up their own society. It's a compelling book, and I'm compelled to finish it.





Soon Moving on to:
Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown
Highly recommended by my sister and mom, and all those crazy Da Vinci Code fans running around out there.



Yay for putting small dents in the list.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Dan Brown rocks my world!!! I really liked his book about the NSA. I actually think I liked it more than The DaVinci Code, but I haven't read Angels & Demons yet, you'll have to tell me how it is.

Unknown said...

I read books as my primary energy source. Who needs carbohydrates?

Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

Yeah, Prey is on the list. Can't go wrong with nanobots of death, that's for sure.

GhostMaster said...

I forgot which book is next, Hitchiker's Guide or some other book. Harry Potter book 6 is coming out soon too.

Chipper said...

Those are all great books(except for Dan Brown's book as I haven't read it yet) You've got pretty good taste-I look forward to more of your book reccommendations!