Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Obscene Gestures to You, Frustrating Setbacks

Today, unfortunately, was somewhat frustrating. To start it out, the hot water in my apartment building was shut off, so no shower for me. That brought the time since last shower to an uncomfortable total, but press on I did. So, I got ready and went off to school on my trusty bycicle, which decided to break down when I was almost there. The chain managed to slip off the back gears and then get stuck in between the end of the gear itself and a bolt holding the little bracket thing (technical term, donchaknow) on. I didn't wreck or anything...no worries there. I stopped and surveyed the damage, then tried to fix it, but I just couldn't get the bloody thing loose. So, I took my now grease-stained fingers off to class and by some miracle made it on time. Classes went okay, nothing too terribly exciting to report there. Of course, without my bike, I had to walk the 2.5 miles home. I actually managed to make the trip in a mere 25 minutes...very good time for just a walk, but then again, I was hauling about as much ass as I could. This brings me to a paper I've been procrastinating for a couple of weeks. The other night I found that I didn't have the book I needed for it, so I figured I'd get it today, read it quick then scramble to write the paper, as I've done so many times before. So, I get home and square a few things away, then head to Boomer Books, no luck. I proceed east along the line of Norman textbook stores: Ratcliff's, Sooner, University, all yeilding no results. By this time, I need to grab some lunch and head to Pride rehearsal, so I do just that. Fast forward to after Pride, I head straight to Borders, no luck there, then Barnes and Noble, also nothing. At this point, I'm kind of entering panick mode, but I head home, check the library website...they have a copy, but it's checked out, and what's the due date? Tomorrow...nice little slap in the face there. So, on a whim, I go to the Pioneer Library System website, and lo and behold, the Norman Public Library has a copy! I rush down to that building I haven't entered since I started OU, get myself a shiny new library card (find out I still owe a 70 cent late fee on a book I checked out in 2002, what's up with that?) and grab that book. Crisis Averted! Anyway, I still have to do all the work for the paper, and go get my bike from campus and fix it, but all in all, I managed to emerge from today pretty much unscathed and unphased. So there!

2 comments:

GhostMaster said...

I admire you. And because I do, I'm going to come see you tonight. Be happy!

Elizabeth said...

So there?